Business Development Representative
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who loves technology? If the answer is yes, then RTS is looking for you. We are expanding our commercial sales force in our Timonium office. You will be part of a team of experts that focus on technology solutions that transform our clients’ businesses.
Who we are:
At RTS we are determined to be the very best in our business. We believe that culture defeats strategy, every time. We understand that our commitment to our employees and understanding their needs is the linchpin of our success.
Our sales management goals are centered on promoting innovation by sharing new ideas and perspectives through team collaboration. We believe that by working together, we can build the right playbook to deliver compelling solutions to our customers and to be their trusted advisors. Above all, we believe that our ability to connect personally with each other as well as our customers is what makes RTS superior. Toward this end we strive to gain that most coveted of commodities in the world of business: Trust.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced business development and sales professional with a proven track record. The successful candidate will lead the sales success of Reliable Technology Services (RTS) focusing on achieving goals through effective lead generation, client acquisition, building relationships and earning a high level of customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of RTS’s services and technology solutions
- Develop an annual sales plan that includes your sales and activity goals for the year and how you plan to achieve them. Provide periodic sales forecasts
- Achieve monthly and yearly activity and sales revenue goals
- Demonstrate and use effective consultative selling techniques and exceptional relationship building skills to identify new sales leads, communicate with potential customers to identify and understand their product or service needs, identify and suggest products and services to meet those needs, close deals. Follow RTS sales processes
- Conduct virtual and in-person meetings with prospects and clients according to RTS Core Values
- Present and create dynamic and engaging presentations to potential clients
- Document all business development and sales activity, pipeline execution and contacts in CRM including, but not limited to: meetings, client notes, sales outcomes, and any customer or vendor relationship challenges
- Identify new sales opportunities and build network using various business development tactics including networking, COI and referral strategy, content strategy and building strategic alliances
- Attend applicable virtual and in-person networking events to secure new prospects and referral relationships.
- Develop and build strong COI relationships as well as a referral strategy to leverage current and future relationships
- Develop a consistent personal content strategy to increase personal brand and RTS’s brand
- Develop and build relationships with new and existing strategic alliances to leverage their network
- Activate and improve current BD Strategic Plan to engage new and existing prospects and clients
- Maintain client and prospect relationships and customer satisfaction by regularly keeping in touch via calls, emails, meeting or other duties as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of technology
- Ability to clearly communicate and build trusting relationships with customers, industry influencers, and management team
- Ability to give engaging and dynamic presentations to prospective clients
- Ability to achieve sales targets through effective questioning, listening, qualifying, presenting, and engineering agreement
- Ability to accept change, maintain flexibility, innovate, and demonstrate high levels of emotional maturity to achieve performance goals
- Ability to learn and communicate technical and product attributes and concepts to fulfill customer goals and issues
- Ability to use automated productivity tools & technology to manage pipeline, develop analysis, make presentations, and communicate effectively with all audiences including Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a positive attitude
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully multitask
Education and Experience
- Established success in sales of technology products or services preferred (5 + years)
- Minimum of High School Education, college degree preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
- Willing to travel to meetings and networking events
*Reliable Technology Services is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Weekly day range:
- Technology sales: 5 years (Required)
9515 Deereco Road, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.